- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe.
- He has eternally existed in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- These three are equal and are one God.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
- He is equal with the Father and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross.
- He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death.
- He ascended to Heaven and will return again someday to earth to reign as King.
ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT
- The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son of God.
- He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ.
- He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation.
- He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right.
- He gives every believer spiritual gifts when they are saved.
- As Christians we seek to live under His control daily.
ABOUT THE BIBLE
- The Bible is God’s Word to us.
- It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs about living.
- Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without error.
- People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character.
- People are the supreme object of God’s creation.
- Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”.
- Sin separates us from God and cause many problems in our life.
- Salvation is God’s free gift to us but we must accept it.
- We can never make up our sin by self-improvement or good works.
- Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty.
- When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith we are saved.
- Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
- Baptism is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
- Once we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, baptism is a way for us to publicly declare our new life in Christ.
- It is also a step of obedience based on God’s commands and allows us to follow the example of Jesus, who submitted himself to baptism to “fulfill all righteousness.”